Coupon Clippers

8.19.2008

Little Boys

So, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but we have been rather busy here lately! I've been trying to accomplish a few things around the house, and spend extra special time with a special little man before I return to school tomorrow and clinicals on Thursday. Jackson and I have spent lots of time doing boy things. What do boys like to do? This special little boy LOVES tractors (we've spent countless hours playing with tractors), reading (he has a definite love of reading some of his new books. We often read each one 10-12 times a day. Actually, I just pretend to read them while he looks at the pictures because I have them memorized!), playing outside, playing with Mr. Potato Head (We had all 100 parts laid out on the floor yesterday so he could decide what combination made the absolute best potato head. So maybe it wasn't 100, but there sure were a lot of parts!), and of course getting ready for Pirate football season! We have been practicing the Pirate sound (ARRGGGGHH!), saying different Pirate cheers, and talking about our love of the Pirates (well, especially daddy's love of the Pirates). Not sure if Jackson will head to a football game with us this season, but he already has the football outfit, and he's been invited to join the rest of us for at least 1 game, so we'll just have to see. Not sure he would enjoy sitting there for that amount of time without actually playing something. He's definitely a participant not a spectator. He asks me to "Play Ball" everyday at least 5 times, but this usually refers to the sport of baseball because he's been practicing since he could stand up how to hit that ball with a bat, and now he's quite good at it.

As previously mentioned, I begin school tomorrow and clinicals on Thursday. This will be one of my hardest semesters yet, but it will hopefully be my last intense semester. The Spring is shaping up to be a much easier semester before GRADUATION! I have enjoyed this special time with Jackson this Summer. We haven't gone a lot, but have spent a lot of time around our house which for Jackson is a vacation because we go so much the rest of the year. He enjoys his time here with his toys, his things, and his schedule. It's kinda sad to see the summer go, but I do enjoy Fall weather, and I'm excited about some of the things we have planned for the Fall.

0 comments: