Coupon Clippers

8.04.2008

Sweet summertime!

So....it's been a while. We had a hectic week last week, but we're starting to get everything back together. Unfortunately, my laptop died last week, so it took us a few days to get things going with our older computer. As you may or may not remember, Jackson threw a remote control back in February and cracked the screen on my laptop that I had purchased for graduate school, so we were forced to buy a new one back in February, so we've only had this laptop for 5 months. On Thursday, the motherboard apparently went out on the laptop, so after talking with the super helpful employees at Best Buy, they've sent it off for service, and it should be back in 1-2 weeks. Thank goodness! In the meantime, Donald and I have been working to replace the hard drive on our old computer to get it back up and running. This was our first baby. I remember this computer being our first big purchase after being married for only a few months. Boy does time fly!

Donald had Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off work this week, so we've enjoyed him being home this weekend! Jackson will be upset when he wakes up to find Daddy is at work again and not home with us, but I'm sure him and mommy will have lots of fun things planned for tomorrow to make up for it =) Today, I started our day by making homemade blueberry biscuits from scratch for the first time. It was a success, and everyone loved them, so I will definitely do that again! We used the blueberries that Jackson picked while at Mimi's house on Friday, so they were even better, because they were picked with love. We took Jackson to the park tonight after eating dinner, and he had a great time playing and making a new friend with another little boy that was out there. We try to take him to the park several times a week since it's very close by and it has lots of great play equipment.

Well, that's all for us right now. I'm enjoying being home for a few weeks, and frantically trying to get everything done that I had hoped to accomplish while on break, but before long I will begin school again and an internship at a local hospital. I'm excited but have so many things to get in place before then!

0 comments: