Coupon Clippers

12.30.2008

Swagbucks

After reading about Swagbucks search engine on many blogs that I follow, I decided to give it a try a few months ago. Since I quit work last year, I'm always looking for easy things that I can do that can be a bit of a treat for Donald and I every once in a while. One thing that I've done for the past few months is by using Swagbucks as my search engine instead of Google or Yahoo. This search engine randomly awards Swagbucks when you are searching, and they accrue in your account until you cash them in for giftcards, video games, or other goodies. I always save mine and cash them in for amazon.com giftcards or starbucks giftcards. I use the amazon giftcards to help with the cost of college textbooks, and use the starbucks giftcards for a treat for Donald and I when we're out on the weekends.
You won't get rich, or make a ton of giftcards, but I get excited when I go to my mailbox and have free giftcards in there! I downloaded the toolbar so I always remember to use it when I need to look something up. They also have an awesome referral program which is that you earn 1 Swagbuck for each Swagbuck your friends earn up to 100 per referred friend. Can't beat that! The link above is using my referral, so if you might be interested, check it out. I only post things I believe in and have seen work, and I've received several giftcards now, so I can honestly say it works.

2 comments:

The Congleton Family said...

Thanks for this helpful tip, Kelly! I'm going to try it... glad to know I can help you by signing up too!

The Irwins said...

Thanks girl! I usually earn a $5 gift card every 1-2 months. I guess it just depends on how much searching you do. Hope you like it.