Coupon Clippers

1.09.2009

My favorite monkey

Today, while I was washing dishes, Jackson came in the kitchen. He started to talking to me about his Curious George slippers he was wearing. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: You know, I really like Curious George. He's my favorite.
Jackson: No, he's not your favorite.
Me: I've always liked Curious George.
Jackson: (With emphasis!) Mommy, he's my favorite monkey I've ever SEEN!

I thought to myself...how many monkeys has he really seen?!? I hope it's his favorite monkey. Besides the handful of times we've been to the zoo, I think George is the only monkey he's ever seen.
Being a speech-language pathologist, I enjoy watching his language expand and grow. Lately, I have loved hearing his temporal markers in sentences. He's constantly telling me what days of the week we're going to do something (even though the day generally isn't right, he has the concept that it's not today, but in a few days). I really love it when he uses his favorite words like always, forever, etc. If we're talking about colors, he'll tell me Thomas is blue always, Percy is green always, etc; and he tells me he loves me forever! I love this age! They're so sweet, innocent, and unfortunately don't stay this age for long =(

0 comments: