Coupon Clippers

3.21.2009

FEES Certification

What a weekend it has been! I went this weekend to a course to enable me to get my FEES certification. FEES stands for fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing. It's a swallowing evaluation we do on patients who may have difficulty swallowing. I have to get a special certificate that allows me to perform these evaluations because it is in invasive procedure. I've completed the first part of certification now which was the course I took this weekend, and so far I've performed 17 evaluations. I will have to complete the other swallowing evaluations in the presence of an ENT or a priveledged endoscopist, which I hope to have completed in the next month and a half.
WOW! Everything is really falling in place for graduation and the job search. This is all becoming so real as I anticipate graduation in only 5 short weeks. It'll be here before I know it, and I only have 2 more papers to write before grad school is over! YES =)

0 comments: