Coupon Clippers

7.17.2009

I'm Employed!

As of last week, I accepted a position at a nursing home in my home town as a Speech-Language Pathologist. WHOO HOO! I start in just a little over a week, so I'm a bit sad that this is the last week of being a stay at home mom with Jackson, but feel so thankful for this opportunity, and have really enjoyed this time with Jackson and watching him grow.
This job offers me a lot of flexibility in my schedule so that I am able to first and foremost be a wife and mother. Yes I will still be at work 30 hours a week, but they allow me to come early/late if need be so that I can be the wife and mother I am called to be. During the interview, one of the first things they told me is that they are a family-oriented company who encourages family involvement because they know that is important in my role as a clinician. The other day I stopped in just to pick up some more paperwork for my licensure (who knew there could be so much paperwork to obtain this little piece of important paper?!?), and the staff made me feel like family in just the few minutes I was there. As the rehab manager walked around and introduced me as the new speech-language pathologist, I thought I would cry with excitement because it has been such a long road to get here, and I couldn't be happier! I'm so thankful for this opportunity, and pray that God uses me in this role someway somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly...
We are so happy for you! I think you have thought about this job ever since your Pa was in the hospital. God must have placed this idea in your mind and you have now "won the race " so to speak. I know you will enjoy helping others with your bubbly personality. I'm so proud of you and your family. Love, Aunt Gail

The Congleton Family said...

I am so happy you've found what seems to be the perfect job! You'll be great and everyone you come in contact with will fall in love with you! Look forward to hearing more about it once you begin!