Coupon Clippers

4.29.2008

The difference 7 months and a lollipop can make...











Many of you may remember just how traumatic Jackson's first haircut was on September 7, 2007. We have spaced his haircuts out as far as possible because it was such a traumatic event for him. So, since then he's had only a handful of haircuts. We had his first haircut done at the barber shop Donald always had his hair cut at. The barbers there always do such a great job with Jackson even though he is screaming, and his hair cut always looks so nice, and so much like a "little man."

Today I was feeling mighty brave, so I thought we'd venture out to get a haircut because let's face it, he's needed one for weeks now. He was so cute when I told him after his bath that we were going to get a haircut. I kept reminding him that it wouldn't hurt and showed him how she would gather his hair and "snip, snip." So all morning he would gather his hair and say, "sip, sip." We went to a local salon and had them cut his hair, and he did such a great job!



It was a HUGE improvement from only 7 months ago. He pouted for a few minutes, but then did a great job being such a big boy and sucking on his lollipop. Lollipops are one of those treats he only gets for going to the doctor or doing something that big boys do. He thinks they're such a special treat! Here's a few pics for comparison =)



This pic was taken just after we got in the car. I let him sit in my lap today so I couldn't get a pic while he was getting a haircut but I think this picture speaks volumes!






0 comments: