Coupon Clippers

6.27.2008

Upromise


Upromise.com


I love shopping, but even more, I love scoring a great deal on the things that we need. There's so many ways to do that, but one way I've learned to do that is through Upromise. I've been using Upromise for the past few years, and as of today, I've earned $164.08, which isn't a lot for a few years, but it's free money. I started out using this for my college expenses, but now I use it to save for Jackson's college expenses. Hopefully by the time he goes to college, I'll have enough saved for 1 semester of books or something =) It adds up slowly, but it's free!

Right now, if you join and make an online purchase by 6/30/08, you'll earn an extra $10 in your account. They will even let you start an account if you're expecting, think you'll have children in the future, want to help save for a family member or friend, etc.

The way Upromise works, if you haven't heard of it, participating companies offer a percentage of your purchases back in the form of savings for college expenses. They offer you the opportunity to put this savings into a 529 college savings plan or you can ask to withdraw your money as needed if you fill out the withdrawal form and mail it in. I choose to withdraw my funds and put them in a college savings account. You register your store cards and they automatically keep track of your purchases. Many stores offer the option of registering your card such as CVS, Harris Teeter, and Lowe's Foods. If you choose to also register your credit cards, you can save at places such as Bed, Bath & Beyond, and you can also save extra through shopping online through their website. I order many Christmas gifts online and save quite a bit of money through walmart.com, bestbuy.com, target.com and many others. If you haven't checked it out before, check it out, and I'll answer any questions I can. I'm an affiliate for this program, so if you sign up through my link I get $4. So I encourage you to use my link, but if you choose not to, check it out and earn yourself some free cash!

1 comments:

Jeff Frese said...

I noticed you often write about saving for college and financial sensibility. I thought you might be interested in freshmanfund.com It's like a registry for college savings. Parents go to the site, attach their 529, create a public profile and email friends and family a link where they can contribute directly into the child's 529 account in lieu of or in addition to the usual birthday/holiday gifts. Great for parents and great for gift givers and it's environmentally friendly gifting.