Coupon Clippers

9.16.2008

Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Stayin' Alive

That's how I feel this semester! I'm swamped, but I'm alive =) My supervisor at my intern site has encouraged me to use a schedule to help me stay on track with all the responsibilities I have as a wife, mother, student, therapist, and as a person. She gave me a schedule that she uses, and it has blocks of time on it, and I schedule out what responsibilities I am dedicating that time to. I've been using it so far this week, and I must admit that it's kept me more accountable for getting things done, and not procrastinating. I'm caught up on all schoolwork. I could use to study quit a bit more, but I have blocked out time the rest of this week to study for midterms. I also blocked out time each week to study for the state licensure exam which it looks like I'll be taking the first week of January. It's so refreshing to see all of my hard work over the past few years finally paying off, and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to begin sending out resumes' soon after taking the state licensure exam, so only a few more months of this crazy, hectic schedule!
I could've never made it this far in grad school were it not for my super supportive family. God has blessed me beyond measure with an extremely supportive husband, mom, in-laws, and other family and friends. I'm so excited to be pursuing this dream to help people in such a special way. I get asked often why I chose this field, and it's hard to describe. It's hard to describe how exciting it is to work with the children who have worked for years to be understood by others and they finally get it, or to work with an adult who has had a stroke and has fought so hard to survive and get back to their life with their family, and to see them work in therapy and finally be able to speak again or eat again. I'm convinced that the paycheck doesn't matter when you see the impact you can have on others, and encourage them to take advantage of this second chance at life that God has given them.
Well, enough of my reflections tonight. You can see my mind is set on graduation! Hopefully this I'll be able to post some cute pics of Jackson and the things he's been into lately. He's growing so fast and learning so much. I hope to be able to share soon!

0 comments: