Coupon Clippers

11.20.2008

The Beauty of the Age of 2

What a wonderful time of year it is! I love it when the weather has changed, and you get to see the beautiful leaves changing, and the air is a bit nippy. Christmas is just around the corner which is exciting! Finals are also just around the corner which is nerve-wrecking! I'd love to be spending time snuggled on the couch with my sweet hubby or my cute mama's boy, but unfortunately I have been spending lots of time working on studying for finals, writing papers upon papers (grad school is full of papers!), and working on a presentation I have to present at the hospital on Monday. Hopefully later today I'll be able to upload some pictures I've been taking of Jackson with my new camera.

Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and soak up this wonderful age of 2 1/2. This is such a fun age as children learn their independence, and can communicate so much better. Recently, Jackson has been talking to me about events that occurred back in April. I'm just amazed at his clear recollection of the events he is talking about. I love hearing him tell me about Christmas, and that we celebrate it because it's baby Jesus' birthday. I love that we were out shopping today and he saw lots of Christmas trees, presents, snowmen, etc but his eye was immediately drawn to the nativity scene and what it represented. I love hearing him sing in the car as we drive from one place to another. Oh the beauty of the age of 2! Their hearts are so tender and receptive at this age. So, while I spend lots of time locked away working on papers, studying, etc; I make sure to spend plenty of time each day soaking up the beauty of the age of 2!

0 comments: