Coupon Clippers

5.14.2008

Jars of Sand

We had a pleasant evening tonigh with my family who joined us for dinner. Always nice to have family visit, and Jackson of course enjoyed their company and was sad to see them go. After everyone left, we let Jackson continue to play in the yard. He was having such a great time. Donald and I decided to play an old-fashioned game of HORSE with Jackson's 4 ft. tall basketball goal. What a great time! (I was able to teach Jackson to scream when Donald shot the ball for added distraction, but it simply wasn't enough!) This simple game reminded me once more of the little things I miss about my dad. I remember countless times playing HORSE in the backyard with my dad. I have to say I have so many fond memories of my childhood, and wouldn't trade them for the world! Life was simple and so good!
I've learned so many things about life recently. Blogging and thinkign about things that happen each day helps me reflect on the things that I am learning from life and through each day. One thing I thought about today was just how simple my childhood was, and yet we were such happy kids. I think so many people these days get caught up in the material things, adding more things to their agenda, running here and running there, and we miss out on so many things because life is so complicated. Our preacher talked about this in his sermon on Sunday as well. We try to fill our jars, which is our life, with sand and then fit in the big rocks which are our priorities and it just doesn't work. We should fill our jars of life with our big rocks (God, spouse, children, etc.) then fill our other time with the sand that will fit and what doesn't fit we should start eliminating and simplifying our life.

0 comments: