Coupon Clippers

7.01.2008

Potty Training and Update

So, I thought I would work with Jackson on potty training at the end of this month when I'll be home more because clinicals end at the end of July; however, Jackson has shown a great interest in potty-training lately, so this weekend he has using the big-boy potty almost exclusively. He usually has 1 accident a day, but that is a major accomplishment in only a few days. I'm letting him do this at his pace because I know how difficult it must be on a 2 year old with our current schedule. On the days I have clinicals, Jackson and I leave the house at 5:45 AM, and no 2 year old is worried about using the potty that early in the morning. I'm so proud of him and the little boy he's becoming! I'm sure this potty-training phase will have ups and downs, but I'm proud of how far he's come in just a few short days!

I realize I haven't said much about my current internship lately, so I thought I'd give a brief update. I'm truly enjoying it! The 8 hours that I'm there really fly by because it is such a face-pace, upbeat environment. I wasn't sure how I'd like working with adults with swallowing disorders, but I have come to really enjoy it, and often look forward to going into work so I can see the patients and the progress that they are making. I wanted to become a speech-language pathologist because of this type of environment, but the course of events over the past few years changed my mind in some ways and made me think I would work in the public school system. The caseload is varied and challenging, but I'm learning so much each day. I'm not sure what God has in store for me, but I'm excited about the possibilities. To think that in 10 short months, I'll graduate and be finished with this chapter of my life is overwhelming at times, but I will be so glad to be finished!!! I've started studying some for the Praxis licensing exam as it will be such an in-depth exam asking me to recall things from undergraduate which seems like forever ago! Hopefully by December, I'll be ready to take the exam so that I can begin my search for employment.

0 comments: