Coupon Clippers

2.10.2009

Oh Happy Day! I Passed the PRAXIS!

Well, I haven't wrote much about the PRAXIS (the licensing exam for our profession) since I took it on Jan. 10. It was a difficult exam which was challenging because the information presented spans over the course of the past 9 years. I have been nervous about my scores, as I know how much weighs on this exam...graduation, job offers, and state licensing. I'm happy to report that I received my results today and I PASSED! Thank you Jesus! I'm so thankful to have passed on the first try, and not to worry about taking this test ever again!
Now it's on to May 9, when I graduate! I'm crossing things off my to-do list for graduation, and will begin applying for jobs now that I know I passed. Keep us in your prayers as I begin the job search. I am in prayer that God will open the door for the perfect job for me. I love this profession, and all that I'm able to give by working with others. I've found that as I work to help others, I find that I'm getting so much more than I'm giving. I'm laughing with them, crying with them at times, and celebrating their victories as they regain independence, the ability to communicate, and the ability to eat as they please. What a rewarding career choice!

2 comments:

The Congleton Family said...

Hooray for you! Congratulations, Kelly! I know you're relieved!

Anonymous said...

My mind is so full of thoughts. When your papa got hurt, you really saw for yourself, how you wanted to help others like so many were helping Will. I join in with the others that are so proud of you for this accomplishment. Your papa is proud this night,I know. He loved his family so much. We'll pray that the right place of employment will "fall in your lap soon." Love, gail