Coupon Clippers

2.28.2009

Work, work, work...

Just checking in...we haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but rather, I have been inundated with work trying to finish up graduate school! Between working 4 days in clinic, completing all of the licensing paperwork, writing reports, and completing tests, I am exhausted right now! I've been going to bed around 9 every night which is unusual for me, but I've been so tired that I just want to sleep. I'm enjoying the weekends doing fun things with the family, and playing catch-up.
I started a second internship this semester working with at-risk preschoolers who need services in their home largely due to transportation issues, or simply the convenience of in-home services. All I can say is that this week I have felt an overwhelming sense of how truly blessed I am! I feel incredibly blessed, as it breaks my heart to see some of the situations these children are faced with as a preschooler. What a humbling experience this is going be.
Well, off to enjoy my Saturday with my sweethearts. Only 2 more months of work! I should finish most graduate school requirementsby April 27, so everything will be in place for graduation.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Hello Kelly,
How are you and the family ? Thanks for the comment on my bulletin about Abdo. It meant alot to me.
I was reading your blog and had a question about Speech Therapy. First of all, i want to tell you how proud I am of you for all your accomplishments...!
As you might know Zachary has a speech problem, and I was reading in the paper how repeated ear infections can cause speech problems. Zachary has had ear infections since he was a baby, never getting over one before having another. Also, he has began to stutter since Abdo passed. I was told that sometimes tramatic events can trigger stuttering. I was wondering if you could give me some input if there is anything more i can do to benefit his speech, such as tubes in the ears, etc.. and if in time he will overcome his stuttering and be able to speak fluetly? He has been in Speech for 3 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you all have a great weekend, despite the rain. Say hi to Donald and Jackson for me.
hugs,
dana