Coupon Clippers

2.04.2009

A Song in His Heart

It's no secret we spend a lot of time on the road. I always hate that we spend so much time on the road, and look for ways to engage Jackson while driving. We often work on counting, the ABCs, or singing and dancing. Lately Jackson has really enjoyed singing much more and I love hearing the little songs that he sings while playing.

Today, I heard him in the living room singing "Help me, help me, never let me go..." to the tune of "Hold me, hold me, never let me go until you've told me." He was in the middle of flipping off of the couch, and was stuck and needed my help. I busted out laughing because rewriting a song is very characteristic of Donald. Ever since we began dating many years ago, Donald often rewrites the words of songs to fit them with the moment. It looks like Jackson is becoming more like his daddy everyday.

1 comments:

The Congleton Family said...

Awww.. Kelly, I busted out laughing when I read this 1) picturing Jackson singing this with all of his heart and 2) thinking of Donald and his creativity to change up songs! Another reason why he and Adam get along so well... teehee!